Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Hexipuff madness

Hexipuffs are the new thing going in the knitting world.  Why? Well everyone who has knitted a sock has bits of sock yarn left over from them.  What do you do with them?  My first effort to get rid of them is the sock yarn blankie which I started on a very late night a few years ago.  I blame the late hour for the fact that I'm knitting it wrong: Instead of a garter stitch blanket, mine is stockinette. That makes it look like fish scales.  Well, take a look:
It gets the job done at using up scraps too small in yardage for anything else. Right now it's big enough to use as a throw on the couch. But now we've got the bee keepers quilt:  This blanket is made from little separate puffs stuffed with stuffing.  I'm using wool to stuff mine, since I've got like..tons of it around (read the last post)


No comments: