Skip to main content

Update on Knit-Alongs

Mystery Stole3: Ok, I am confessing that I honestly and truthfully did try to like the stole as the pattern was made, but it didn't click with me. Even after trying to re-dye the whole thing, I considered the wing with the stole portion to be discordant. So last night I frogged it all. OH the horror!! I'm re-working the stole portion as it's own pattern, probably for my Mom for Christmas. I've started it again, and put in the beads this time.

Secret of the Stole: I started this one with my own handspun cream Targhee wool. It's weight is fingering weight and it's being knitted on size 3 addi circs. The beads are green. I didn't realize until I had gotten home with them that the chart has green squares as the indicator to put in a bead. Wow....can we say, subliminal?
There was a comment on the email group that the two points were a great bikini top. My DH said the same thing this last weekend when I joined them all together. I was in the car at the time, driving up North to the In-Law's. I've learned how to read charts, knit, add beads and mark the row off in a moving car. It's more of a challenge, but it can be done.
I do credit the KIP Bag for helping me out. I know, tooting my own horn....but seriously? There was a lady who said that she'd like to see higher pockets in them. So I did put them in. Wanna see the result?

See now, the higher pockets helps out in the car, as stuff doesn't fall out as fast. I'd have lost that teeny bag of beads down the side of my seat about 20 times during the drive. I showed my bags to my niece, who bought a purple brocade one on the spot. She doesn't even knit! She said that it would make a great purse.
The two Halloween-fabric bags were fun to sew. Not that they were any harder than the others, but the colors were so vibrant! Oooh I might have to make one of them for myself....

Comments

Anonymous said…
Brenda,
I really think the bags you are making are cool! They seem to hold everything.

Your Secret of the Stole looks fabulous, too! Hint #2 is just 14+ hours away....
Anonymous said…
Hi! OK, I just put a bid on one of you bags (the green brocade, and I love it) does it have the higher pockets? COULD it have the higher pockets for a little more? I would alter it myself but while I can knit sewing? Not my forte :D
Jessica Festa
festaj348@cobleskill.edu
Brenda said…
All of the new bags have the higher pockets. They worked out so well, I decided to pull the others from my stash and re-make them.
Peggy said…
Both stoles look lovely. I'm working on three. Total insanity.
stitchin' girl said…
I love your secret of the stole. I am still just at the beginning. Life has taken over from my knitting so..... Your bags are GREAT!!! I will have to head over to ebay.
Amanda said…
Ventured over from SOTS to check out your handspun version...It looks great! Are you using 2 ply or singles? I decided to use handspun for mine as well (I have only been spinning a few months) so I am glad to see another handspun stole!

Popular posts from this blog

1000th Feedback!!!

KIP Bags by Ruddawg has gotten their 1000th feedback! In honor of this momentous occasion, I am giving away a One of a Kind KIP Bag filled with goodies. The stuff? A sampling based on the idea "A Few of my Favorite Things." What are a few of my favorite things? Well, KIP bags, of course. This one is red velvet, 10" high by 7 1/2" wide. A red velvet wrist strap allows for knitting and walking at the same time. It has a decorator fabric bottom and fancy stitching at the top to give it a more festive look. What is in the bag? The top fuzzy item is a pair of socks. Not just socks, but a pair of those fuzzy and oh so soft socks. I am a fiend for socks! I ask for a new set of socks every year for my birthday. Next is a skein of Alpaca yarn - Caramel in color. I love, love LOVE alpaca! This skein is from Blue Sky Alpacas, 120 yards of Sport Weight Yarn. The red item is my most useful tool for knitting, sewing and everything else. It's a small swiss army knife that

Secret of the Stole: Clue 3 Finished!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/secretofthestole/ Clue 3 is finished! I am knitting it in handspun 2-ply yarn on size 3 addi circular needles with beads. The beads used to be only green, now I've added lavender and gold ones also. To me, this looks like a spider and web-themed stole. Notice the 3 spiders on it? I call them spiders because they have 8 legs each.

Forgiveness and why a lot of people get it wrong

            I was at a party earlier this week having a discussion with a friend when his spouse spoke up.  She feels that I should let go of the regret and pain caused by a family member and ‘forgive’ him.  I’m sure she meant well, but whether or not I’ve forgiven that man for the pain he’s caused me and my immediate family is none of her business, nor is it any of HIS business as well.  My forgiveness, or lack thereof, is only between God and I. And I think this is where most people – even Christians- get it wrong.   They believe that #1: you should personally tell that person that you forgive them.   No, you don’t.   Forgiveness is between you and God.   And whether or not you forgive someone should not be made public.   Imagine if you did bad all your life but others would constantly say, “I forgive you”   The majority of people would just go on doing the damage they’ve been doing all along.   Only a fraction of people can grasp how their actions or words have h