Skip to main content

LAND!!! I See LAND!!

Yep, there are few patches of land out there under all this snow. The last few days helped out quite a bit. I got to  muck out both the goose pen and the chicken coop. We ended up having to do a deep-bed type bedding for the animals simply because it was 1: Warmer, and insulates the floor and 2: we really couldn't get the stuff up until it defrosted a bit.

6" of wet, smelly, poopy straw was under the nice upper layer. It's a decent way to go for winter, but it makes mucking take hours. And my elbow still doesn't like it. However, I do appreciate the effects of Aleve in getting rid of much of the pain and swelling.

I've started the last sleeve on the gray sweater. Once that is knitted up, I'll block it and see if it fits me better. It's a close fitting thing now, but hopefully the blocking will give me a better fit.

The cabled shawl is longer, with many cables on it.

I finished up a hat for my seatmate, Cody who wanted one for his Dad.

A test in Calc yesterday was ..meh. I forgot a few things I shouldn't but with work and this illness that dogs me, I did as well as I could I guess.  A few more nice days and some rest and maybe this cold/bronchitis will go away. It's gray, windy and raining out there now. I enjoyed yesterday's sun.

We had Ronson inside for an inspection night before last. He had this lump under his beak. You can see it in the photo. Now, normally there isn't one, so I was concerned. There is a condition where geese can get feed stuck under their tongue. It gets infected and well...nasty. But Ronson (Ron's Son, get it?) is fine.

He's got himself a little dewlap! Normally production African Geese don't get dewlaps under their chin. He's a cross though. We're not sure if Sissy, his Mom is a true African goose.

Ronson was hatched by Sissy, raised by the uncles and really has never set foot in the house until now. He was ape-shit over it! He's also a very loud and very BIG gander. Nice knob, right? He's not even a year old and he's as big as Percy, but lacks Percy's phenominal knob. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1000th Feedback!!!

KIP Bags by Ruddawg has gotten their 1000th feedback! In honor of this momentous occasion, I am giving away a One of a Kind KIP Bag filled with goodies. The stuff? A sampling based on the idea "A Few of my Favorite Things." What are a few of my favorite things? Well, KIP bags, of course. This one is red velvet, 10" high by 7 1/2" wide. A red velvet wrist strap allows for knitting and walking at the same time. It has a decorator fabric bottom and fancy stitching at the top to give it a more festive look. What is in the bag? The top fuzzy item is a pair of socks. Not just socks, but a pair of those fuzzy and oh so soft socks. I am a fiend for socks! I ask for a new set of socks every year for my birthday. Next is a skein of Alpaca yarn - Caramel in color. I love, love LOVE alpaca! This skein is from Blue Sky Alpacas, 120 yards of Sport Weight Yarn. The red item is my most useful tool for knitting, sewing and everything else. It's a small swiss army knife that

Secret of the Stole: Clue 3 Finished!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/secretofthestole/ Clue 3 is finished! I am knitting it in handspun 2-ply yarn on size 3 addi circular needles with beads. The beads used to be only green, now I've added lavender and gold ones also. To me, this looks like a spider and web-themed stole. Notice the 3 spiders on it? I call them spiders because they have 8 legs each.
I know the picture is not the best, but it does show the basic shape of the shawl. It's a faerose shawl, knitted for a friend of mine who will be married next month. The middle is a pattern I've memorized from somewhere, but the wings were from the Mystery Stole3 Pattern. Now the left side was the easiest: I picked up 100 stitches from the middle and just utilized the wing chart from the Mystery Stole3. The right side took some canoodling. I figured out that if I read the wing chart from the left to the right instead of the 'usual' way it would work. The last stitch was not a slip stitch, but a k2tog stitch. I then slipped that stitch and purled all the way back to the edge of the wing. It worked out well. The total knitting time was 2 weeks. I knitted like a fiend. Last Thursday I realized that I had to start school this Thursday. I knitted faster and faster. I finished it during the Packer game last night and blocked it on my son's bedroom floor.