Skip to main content

There are Days...

I quit smoking in 2008.  Many smokers are still jealous of that fact, more because I just stopped than anything else.  No pills, no gum, no anything. I just quit.  BUT there are days like yesterday that I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a smoke.  Stressful days, frustrating days. Yes, to grab a Marb menthol lights 100 and just inhale.........


*On a off-topic note: While trolling for this pic, I weeded through a lot of pics from a lot websites.  Man, are there some militaristic, vehemently anti-smoking web sites!  Dudes, WE GET IT.  All of the smokers I know struggle with their addiction EVERY. DAY. Just effing stop with the overwhelming guilt trip, K? You're not helping. One anti-smoking group came to the public schools and  had my Granddaughter CONVINCED that her mom would blow up from smoking.  She was crying, begging for Mom to stop in absolute fear that Mom's head would blow off.  Just EFFING STOP scaring kids too.**

I've got orders, and my sewing machine was so bad that I've been sewing only on demand. If I get an order, I'd go upstairs, put my earplugs in and sew the bag.  Yes. Earplugs.  That Brother sewing machine had gotten so loud that it was the only way I could suppress my urge to 'fix' the machine and just sew.  I trot on upstairs to the sewing/spare room and get to it.  Except yesterday that stupid flipping machine could not even eke out 12" without one thread or the other breaking.

Cursing ensued. My usual threat to throw it out the window did not even work. Oh yes, I knew this day was coming and I had kinda prepared for it.  I've scanned reviews of other machines, watched for sales etc.  I had to drop everything, drive 1/2 an hour to the nearest sewing store, get another one, drive another 20 minutes to get my Son's birthday present, then drive 40 minutes back home.   This is a drive I would have much rather taken on my day off.

It's replacement is this one:
A Singer Talent.  I'm never, ever buying another Brother Sewing Machine again. I'm sticking with Singers. It works well so far, but I've only had one day with it.  $100 at JoAnn's.  I also stopped buying the big buck sewing machines too, as they really weren't better. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1000th Feedback!!!

KIP Bags by Ruddawg has gotten their 1000th feedback! In honor of this momentous occasion, I am giving away a One of a Kind KIP Bag filled with goodies. The stuff? A sampling based on the idea "A Few of my Favorite Things." What are a few of my favorite things? Well, KIP bags, of course. This one is red velvet, 10" high by 7 1/2" wide. A red velvet wrist strap allows for knitting and walking at the same time. It has a decorator fabric bottom and fancy stitching at the top to give it a more festive look. What is in the bag? The top fuzzy item is a pair of socks. Not just socks, but a pair of those fuzzy and oh so soft socks. I am a fiend for socks! I ask for a new set of socks every year for my birthday. Next is a skein of Alpaca yarn - Caramel in color. I love, love LOVE alpaca! This skein is from Blue Sky Alpacas, 120 yards of Sport Weight Yarn. The red item is my most useful tool for knitting, sewing and everything else. It's a small swiss army knife that

Secret of the Stole: Clue 3 Finished!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/secretofthestole/ Clue 3 is finished! I am knitting it in handspun 2-ply yarn on size 3 addi circular needles with beads. The beads used to be only green, now I've added lavender and gold ones also. To me, this looks like a spider and web-themed stole. Notice the 3 spiders on it? I call them spiders because they have 8 legs each.

Forgiveness and why a lot of people get it wrong

            I was at a party earlier this week having a discussion with a friend when his spouse spoke up.  She feels that I should let go of the regret and pain caused by a family member and ‘forgive’ him.  I’m sure she meant well, but whether or not I’ve forgiven that man for the pain he’s caused me and my immediate family is none of her business, nor is it any of HIS business as well.  My forgiveness, or lack thereof, is only between God and I. And I think this is where most people – even Christians- get it wrong.   They believe that #1: you should personally tell that person that you forgive them.   No, you don’t.   Forgiveness is between you and God.   And whether or not you forgive someone should not be made public.   Imagine if you did bad all your life but others would constantly say, “I forgive you”   The majority of people would just go on doing the damage they’ve been doing all along.   Only a fraction of people can grasp how their actions or words have h