Skip to main content

Annoying Memes #3... click 'like' if you're for it

This type of meme is the one that cracks me up quite a bit because you're thinking to yourself, "Who's FOR it? An idiot? I don't know anyone who is out there going 'YAY HEROIN!!'"

Seriously, I've seen this same meme with different subjects, "Click Share if you're against: Child Abuse, Pet Abuse, Drug Abuse, Spousal Abuse...etc." Dude, no one is FOR these things!

Oh and just an aside, if you STILL have that rainbow filter over your picture, TAKE IT DOWN...your 10 minutes of ADD advocacy of the cause du jour was over a month ago. Now you just seem like a lame asshat that forgot to jump off the bandwagon when it left your town.

No worries though, I'm sure that there will be some cause du jour that will allow you to happily pimp out how awesomely tolerant you are soon. (Cause du jour means 'cause of the day' which means whatever the media is pimping out to be the thing you need to focus on today. I'm sure there's a Kardashian involved somehow with it.)

I also don't like people who constantly post their kids' photo as their profile picture. Yeah, I get it..your kids are your life. However, if I wanted to friend your kid, I'd do it (it's illegal for anyone under 13 to have a FB account though) I friended YOU, not your kids.

Simple popularity pandering is also annoying. How many times have you seen a meme, "My mom will quit smoking if I get a million likes!"
REALLY?
So it takes a popularity contest for you ma to do something good for her and for her family? WOW, how lame can Ma be?  How 'bout she just QUIT and not tell anyone! Can she really do that???

oh, and your like won't give a sick kid a new kidney, heart, brain, lungs or toes. What does that? a TRANSPLANT TEAM! and about $250,000.
There is NO ONE who is paying per click for a kid to get a transplant.

I really don't have the appropriate photo of the last meme, I just copied this from the new Bloom County feed. I was so excited to see Berke Breathed start Bloom County again. He's irreverent, goofy and does not hold punches on the Libs as other cartoonist would. It's all fair game to him and I appreciate the candor and the wit that can do that well.

The last annoying meme for this week is the one that says, "Do THIS and hit Share..See what happens!"

You know what happens? NOTHING except you just shared it with another 300 people. 2% will do the same thing expecting some sort of animation or something with no effect.

NOTHING WILL EVER HAPPEN WITH THEM! STOP SHARING!
The only time that actually worked was one time with my cell phone # and a certain command prompt that would tell me what name is attached to my phone. It's some thing where each phone gets a 'name' mine's like Armand Dupop or something odd.

School starts next week. Another semester of trying to explain WHY I don't add fellow students to my FB friends list. Dude, I don't even have my family on mine. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1000th Feedback!!!

KIP Bags by Ruddawg has gotten their 1000th feedback! In honor of this momentous occasion, I am giving away a One of a Kind KIP Bag filled with goodies. The stuff? A sampling based on the idea "A Few of my Favorite Things." What are a few of my favorite things? Well, KIP bags, of course. This one is red velvet, 10" high by 7 1/2" wide. A red velvet wrist strap allows for knitting and walking at the same time. It has a decorator fabric bottom and fancy stitching at the top to give it a more festive look. What is in the bag? The top fuzzy item is a pair of socks. Not just socks, but a pair of those fuzzy and oh so soft socks. I am a fiend for socks! I ask for a new set of socks every year for my birthday. Next is a skein of Alpaca yarn - Caramel in color. I love, love LOVE alpaca! This skein is from Blue Sky Alpacas, 120 yards of Sport Weight Yarn. The red item is my most useful tool for knitting, sewing and everything else. It's a small swiss army knife that

Secret of the Stole: Clue 3 Finished!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/secretofthestole/ Clue 3 is finished! I am knitting it in handspun 2-ply yarn on size 3 addi circular needles with beads. The beads used to be only green, now I've added lavender and gold ones also. To me, this looks like a spider and web-themed stole. Notice the 3 spiders on it? I call them spiders because they have 8 legs each.
I know the picture is not the best, but it does show the basic shape of the shawl. It's a faerose shawl, knitted for a friend of mine who will be married next month. The middle is a pattern I've memorized from somewhere, but the wings were from the Mystery Stole3 Pattern. Now the left side was the easiest: I picked up 100 stitches from the middle and just utilized the wing chart from the Mystery Stole3. The right side took some canoodling. I figured out that if I read the wing chart from the left to the right instead of the 'usual' way it would work. The last stitch was not a slip stitch, but a k2tog stitch. I then slipped that stitch and purled all the way back to the edge of the wing. It worked out well. The total knitting time was 2 weeks. I knitted like a fiend. Last Thursday I realized that I had to start school this Thursday. I knitted faster and faster. I finished it during the Packer game last night and blocked it on my son's bedroom floor.