Skip to main content

Knitting has been being done, honest!

With all the rants lately, you'd think I was not knitting. Actually I am, I just don't talk much about it. With part time work, part time flock,  part time school, I DO knit, just mostly when I'm sitting at the end of the day watching TV.

Incidentally, the thing that we've been watching other than movies lately is Grimm. We're trying to catch up on the whole storyline. It's an interesting show. I swear Monroe and his wife make the show with their candor. My 1/4 German ancestry comes in handy during the show too. My Paternal Grandmother is German, and much of my kin live in the same town today near Sparta WI. I know German.

First up is my prayer shawl  that I've been working on so long I swear it will have it's own birthday soon. It's the usual yarn from Hobby Lobby and a pattern that's easy to do.

The Pattern: 
* I usually start off with about 6 rows of garter stitch at the beginning and end so the shawl has a bit of structure. *
1 row of seed stitch
2 rows of stockinette.
Repeat endlessly until it is as long as you want.
(There are 5-stitch borders that are knitted on both the RS and WS to keep it from rolling)


I could count to see how many stitches are on it, but realistically, it would work for just about any # of stitches. For prayer shawls, my usual count is around 75 to make a good and useful shawl.

The colorway is not one I'd usually get. One day I was standing there facing 100 different colors of yarn and could not make a pick. I looked at the lady next to me and said, "I'm picking out yarn for a prayer shawl. I can't decided what color to choose. Can you choose a new color for me?" So ..........she did.

this is the start of the Lin-Lin shawl. An actual *paid for* pattern! For the first part, it's just short row, wrap and turn ribbing for about 10 years. I'm about 1/2 done with that 1st part, but need to get more of this Malabrigo worsted to finish.


I had this yarn sitting here forever and a day waiting for a project.  Now it has one and I need a few more.  This stuff is so squishy and fluffy I just want to pet it forever. But instead, how about I just make a shawl I can wrap myself in? I want it big and warm and squishy.

bottom up cardigan sweater in a seafoam color that apparently is troublesome to photograph. It's a cabled front placket with stockinette everywhere else. Right now, it's cable, knit mindlessly, cable for another 6" or so. The yarn is wool-ease from Lion Brand so I can wash it if it gets nasty.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1000th Feedback!!!

KIP Bags by Ruddawg has gotten their 1000th feedback! In honor of this momentous occasion, I am giving away a One of a Kind KIP Bag filled with goodies. The stuff? A sampling based on the idea "A Few of my Favorite Things." What are a few of my favorite things? Well, KIP bags, of course. This one is red velvet, 10" high by 7 1/2" wide. A red velvet wrist strap allows for knitting and walking at the same time. It has a decorator fabric bottom and fancy stitching at the top to give it a more festive look. What is in the bag? The top fuzzy item is a pair of socks. Not just socks, but a pair of those fuzzy and oh so soft socks. I am a fiend for socks! I ask for a new set of socks every year for my birthday. Next is a skein of Alpaca yarn - Caramel in color. I love, love LOVE alpaca! This skein is from Blue Sky Alpacas, 120 yards of Sport Weight Yarn. The red item is my most useful tool for knitting, sewing and everything else. It's a small swiss army knife that

Secret of the Stole: Clue 3 Finished!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/secretofthestole/ Clue 3 is finished! I am knitting it in handspun 2-ply yarn on size 3 addi circular needles with beads. The beads used to be only green, now I've added lavender and gold ones also. To me, this looks like a spider and web-themed stole. Notice the 3 spiders on it? I call them spiders because they have 8 legs each.

Forgiveness and why a lot of people get it wrong

            I was at a party earlier this week having a discussion with a friend when his spouse spoke up.  She feels that I should let go of the regret and pain caused by a family member and ‘forgive’ him.  I’m sure she meant well, but whether or not I’ve forgiven that man for the pain he’s caused me and my immediate family is none of her business, nor is it any of HIS business as well.  My forgiveness, or lack thereof, is only between God and I. And I think this is where most people – even Christians- get it wrong.   They believe that #1: you should personally tell that person that you forgive them.   No, you don’t.   Forgiveness is between you and God.   And whether or not you forgive someone should not be made public.   Imagine if you did bad all your life but others would constantly say, “I forgive you”   The majority of people would just go on doing the damage they’ve been doing all along.   Only a fraction of people can grasp how their actions or words have h