Skip to main content

Brutal Honesty

I'm in one of those moods where people who are over the age of 20 are pissing me off, so let me be brutally honest here. There are things we'd all love for you to know;

* The concept that each and every person out there must agree, accept and embrace your life, lifestyle and thoughts as 100% awesome! is idiotic, and dangerous. My time in therapy taught me that if you want to lead a calm, depression-free life, you must let go this insane concept that you must love and embrace 100% all the people around you and conversely they must do the same to you. Give yourself freedom to not like someone or their actions. 

* Honestly, whatever you're wearing today, 99% of the people out there won't remember what you were wearing tomorrow unless it stood out in some way. And that's OK. Spending zillions of dollars you don't have to impress others is a waste of money.

* Seriously, spending zillions of dollars you don't have trying to keep up with others you know is hysterically tragic. Why are y'all so obsessed with that? My Christian faith (ZOMG, did I admit that out loud???) teaches me not to covet the possessions of others and so I don't give a flopsweat if they bought a new house, car or furniture. 

*Most people really don't give a honky shit about what you ate yesterday, unless it was very good and you can share the recipe. Stop taking pictures of food at restaurants and just  enjoy. the. food.

*Seriously STOP posting photos of your vaycay on FB. People other than your family just don't. care.  and honestly? They think you're rubbing their noses in the fact that you CAN take one and they can't. 

*100% of the people forced to endure your cell phone conversation in checkout lines or in stores would love for you to either talk lower or hang up. No one will die if you walk through a store without calling someone, no, really!

* I must be like the only person in America who does not watch college basketball. I must also be the only person in Wisconsin who does not give a honky shit if they make it to the finals. And yet, here I am. I've not died of this malady, nor am I diminished in any way. Huh!

* Same goes for most of the television shows on TV. While others are freaking out about the Walking Dead or Kardashian BS, I'm usually watching a movie. The only show Dave and I watch on a regular basis right now is Grimm. Why? I think it's because we both speak German to some extent. My Grandma on my Dad's side is German. 

* That whole, "Judge not lest ye be judged" thing flung about these days is bullshit. People judge all the time, and people judge back. What I cannot do is say, "You're going to Hell for your behavior." but there's actually stuff in the bible that says that if someone sins against others and I stay silent that their judgement is my judgement. I am morally expected to tell someone if their behavior is wrong. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1000th Feedback!!!

KIP Bags by Ruddawg has gotten their 1000th feedback! In honor of this momentous occasion, I am giving away a One of a Kind KIP Bag filled with goodies. The stuff? A sampling based on the idea "A Few of my Favorite Things." What are a few of my favorite things? Well, KIP bags, of course. This one is red velvet, 10" high by 7 1/2" wide. A red velvet wrist strap allows for knitting and walking at the same time. It has a decorator fabric bottom and fancy stitching at the top to give it a more festive look. What is in the bag? The top fuzzy item is a pair of socks. Not just socks, but a pair of those fuzzy and oh so soft socks. I am a fiend for socks! I ask for a new set of socks every year for my birthday. Next is a skein of Alpaca yarn - Caramel in color. I love, love LOVE alpaca! This skein is from Blue Sky Alpacas, 120 yards of Sport Weight Yarn. The red item is my most useful tool for knitting, sewing and everything else. It's a small swiss army knife that

Secret of the Stole: Clue 3 Finished!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/secretofthestole/ Clue 3 is finished! I am knitting it in handspun 2-ply yarn on size 3 addi circular needles with beads. The beads used to be only green, now I've added lavender and gold ones also. To me, this looks like a spider and web-themed stole. Notice the 3 spiders on it? I call them spiders because they have 8 legs each.

Forgiveness and why a lot of people get it wrong

            I was at a party earlier this week having a discussion with a friend when his spouse spoke up.  She feels that I should let go of the regret and pain caused by a family member and ‘forgive’ him.  I’m sure she meant well, but whether or not I’ve forgiven that man for the pain he’s caused me and my immediate family is none of her business, nor is it any of HIS business as well.  My forgiveness, or lack thereof, is only between God and I. And I think this is where most people – even Christians- get it wrong.   They believe that #1: you should personally tell that person that you forgive them.   No, you don’t.   Forgiveness is between you and God.   And whether or not you forgive someone should not be made public.   Imagine if you did bad all your life but others would constantly say, “I forgive you”   The majority of people would just go on doing the damage they’ve been doing all along.   Only a fraction of people can grasp how their actions or words have h