Friday, August 24, 2007

I know the picture is not the best, but it does show the basic shape of the shawl. It's a faerose shawl, knitted for a friend of mine who will be married next month. The middle is a pattern I've memorized from somewhere, but the wings were from the Mystery Stole3 Pattern.
Now the left side was the easiest: I picked up 100 stitches from the middle and just utilized the wing chart from the Mystery Stole3. The right side took some canoodling. I figured out that if I read the wing chart from the left to the right instead of the 'usual' way it would work. The last stitch was not a slip stitch, but a k2tog stitch. I then slipped that stitch and purled all the way back to the edge of the wing. It worked out well.
The total knitting time was 2 weeks. I knitted like a fiend. Last Thursday I realized that I had to start school this Thursday. I knitted faster and faster. I finished it during the Packer game last night and blocked it on my son's bedroom floor.

6 comments:

Gammy aka Peggy said...

Wow, that was fast and it is very beautiful. I am sure your friend will love it.

Kellie Huffman said...

Oh my! that is gorgeous! The middle panel is the best adaptation I have seen of this shawl so far. What a lucky friend you have.

Arianwen said...

that is really clever. I am sure the bride will love it and everyone else will be envious

ddknits said...

I'm still way back on clue 4 but I love this shawl you've created with the feathers. It looks gorgeous!

Mary Lynn said...

Very nice. I hope the bride appreciates the heirloom you have created for her

Deb said...

Your shawl is gorgeous! You are sure a speedy knitter. Your friend is one lucky bride to get such a beautiful gift.