Skip to main content
Calculus is going decently.  I sit in the back of the class next to a young man who has had the pleasure of being in two classes with me. He reminds me much of my son, Alex but with ambition.

So, Alex got discharged from the Marines for failing to meet their physical criteria.  Right now he's thinking that he'll spend 2 years copping a squat on my couch while going to community college.  Meh.  I'm still ticked about that, but apparently my prayers and my wishes will never be taken into play with his life. That's the way it goes, I guess.

(I'd credit the photo, but I'm pretty sure it's from a meme generator.)

Poultry is well, except for Daisy the Duck who got into a fight with like 1/2 the flock and was injured.
Now there's a nice, melodic story about picking maggots out of wounds that I could share, but why? It's bad enough that I got to DO it. Suffice it to say she's healed from her external wounds, but will need another month convalescing inside with that sprained foot. I snagged a nice, large wire animal kennel at a rummage sale for $5 about a month ago.  It's come in very handy to use to allow animals recuperation time in the laundry room.

We've put ducks up for sale on craigslist.  Cue the wackadoodles in 3...........2................1.  I tried to explain that phenomena to Dave, but he only saw the results of the last craigslist post, not the ton of wackadoodle emails that I got.  He doesn't want to butcher all of these ducks. I'll do it if I have to.

The WI Sheep & Wool festival went on without me this year. I had to help Dave cook meat for the Church's annual dinner/harvest fest. Up at 5:30 am and down to the church, we spent all day cooking large beef roasts.  This year it was crucial that they be cooked to perfection. Last year the reviews was that the beef was tough and dry.  The reviews were one reason Dave's partner in the cooking venture quit the church. There were other reasons, but I'm not going to get into it.

So no one else volunteered, and I sacrificed my happy day at Sheep & Wool to help.  The reviews were awesome, and Dave's been crowned KING of beef for the church.  His reputation - and the church's - has been saved. And we've got a volunteer to help Dave for next year. So back to Sheep and Wool I go.

Karma came back to me for helping, though. One of the guild members announced that she was selling some of her yarn stash at a rummage sale last week. I snagged 3 skeins of laceweight yarn 50/50 wool/silk for under 10 bucks!  The purple is above and the red to the left were part of that, plus a ball of Zauberball laceweight in my favorite hues of orange to red to purple. That and the fleece I bought online should keep me in knitting and spinning nirvana until next year.

The bag with the Vinylex is full of a plastic 'yarn' that is glow in the dark.  I also got that at the rummage sale for a buck. I don't know what I'll do with it, but hey...it's a buck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1000th Feedback!!!

KIP Bags by Ruddawg has gotten their 1000th feedback! In honor of this momentous occasion, I am giving away a One of a Kind KIP Bag filled with goodies. The stuff? A sampling based on the idea "A Few of my Favorite Things." What are a few of my favorite things? Well, KIP bags, of course. This one is red velvet, 10" high by 7 1/2" wide. A red velvet wrist strap allows for knitting and walking at the same time. It has a decorator fabric bottom and fancy stitching at the top to give it a more festive look. What is in the bag? The top fuzzy item is a pair of socks. Not just socks, but a pair of those fuzzy and oh so soft socks. I am a fiend for socks! I ask for a new set of socks every year for my birthday. Next is a skein of Alpaca yarn - Caramel in color. I love, love LOVE alpaca! This skein is from Blue Sky Alpacas, 120 yards of Sport Weight Yarn. The red item is my most useful tool for knitting, sewing and everything else. It's a small swiss army knife that

Secret of the Stole: Clue 3 Finished!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/secretofthestole/ Clue 3 is finished! I am knitting it in handspun 2-ply yarn on size 3 addi circular needles with beads. The beads used to be only green, now I've added lavender and gold ones also. To me, this looks like a spider and web-themed stole. Notice the 3 spiders on it? I call them spiders because they have 8 legs each.
I know the picture is not the best, but it does show the basic shape of the shawl. It's a faerose shawl, knitted for a friend of mine who will be married next month. The middle is a pattern I've memorized from somewhere, but the wings were from the Mystery Stole3 Pattern. Now the left side was the easiest: I picked up 100 stitches from the middle and just utilized the wing chart from the Mystery Stole3. The right side took some canoodling. I figured out that if I read the wing chart from the left to the right instead of the 'usual' way it would work. The last stitch was not a slip stitch, but a k2tog stitch. I then slipped that stitch and purled all the way back to the edge of the wing. It worked out well. The total knitting time was 2 weeks. I knitted like a fiend. Last Thursday I realized that I had to start school this Thursday. I knitted faster and faster. I finished it during the Packer game last night and blocked it on my son's bedroom floor.