Skip to main content

New Job Makes Life just that more interesting

So I picked up a job doing some data entry/mail sorting for a few months; mainly to pay off the debts on that junker of a car of mine. If possible, I'll save up enough for another decent-running yet used car.

The bag selling enterprise is still running, albeit with less inventory. I can still do some sewing after work and on weekends, so I will be doing more fabric buying online. Which is good actually, since I get the better designer fabrics that way.

Christmas is over, and I'm glad of that. The crappy Wisconsin winters make driving a stressful experience and for some reason, I do not do well physically at my In-Law's. I always wake up feeling as though I've been crumpled like a piece of paper. My sinuses were screaming and I could not deal with the lights at church. I ended up looking downward at the Nativity Set during the service.

Our gift giving between Dave and I involved exchanging top-shelf liquor: Bourbon for Godiva Chocolate Vodka. I think it was a great idea, since we've already gotten into our respective gifts.

Tigger had some issues with hurling for a few weeks and I was worried he had gotten some bad disease. He's 13 years old; not a young kitty any more. We switched his food back to the usual stuff and started feeding him less. He's stopped throwing up, which is a relief.


And yes, he does a wonderful impression of Jabba the Hut.

Knitting wise; I'm starting the Gloucester Coat from Interweave. A cabled coat with an intricate collar. Since I'm working on the body right now, I'm still debating whether or not the collar is going to happen or if I will put a simpler hood on instead.

Mine is knitted from Patons worsted in a dark green color. I'm working on the front left side which is about 1/2 done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer!

Yes, Sissy's death has been a big blow to all of us. We miss her terribly. We suspect she became egg-bound, a condition that is most often fatal in poultry. She had not laid eggs this year and I knew she'd been shagged. There are a few things you can do, but you have to know that she's egg bound to start treatment. My laptop had been shutting down randomly, so I had Dave take it apart and blow out the fan. It's been sporadic since. I've been using Alex's laptop (he has a desktop also) but it's frustrating. His touchpad is extra touchy and if you rest your hand on it, well...the laptop does crazy things. We sold 2 of Molly's babies to a lady who lives near the Dells. She had bought 2 geese from someone and one died. Geese need a flock to survive, so I offered her two of Molly's babies. She said they are doing well and bonding with her gosling. It's good to have a flock of happy geese. There's a good video of what it's like to have ...

1000th Feedback!!!

KIP Bags by Ruddawg has gotten their 1000th feedback! In honor of this momentous occasion, I am giving away a One of a Kind KIP Bag filled with goodies. The stuff? A sampling based on the idea "A Few of my Favorite Things." What are a few of my favorite things? Well, KIP bags, of course. This one is red velvet, 10" high by 7 1/2" wide. A red velvet wrist strap allows for knitting and walking at the same time. It has a decorator fabric bottom and fancy stitching at the top to give it a more festive look. What is in the bag? The top fuzzy item is a pair of socks. Not just socks, but a pair of those fuzzy and oh so soft socks. I am a fiend for socks! I ask for a new set of socks every year for my birthday. Next is a skein of Alpaca yarn - Caramel in color. I love, love LOVE alpaca! This skein is from Blue Sky Alpacas, 120 yards of Sport Weight Yarn. The red item is my most useful tool for knitting, sewing and everything else. It's a small swiss army knife that ...

How To: DIY Envelopes

My Sister sent over some templates for envelopes with a note that said she didn't know how to use them. So here is my photo montage of how to use an envelope template: First of all, let's pick out some pretty paper.  Mine came from a stack of paper purchased at Michaels' in the clearance aisle.  Two pages out of the stack were damaged, but at 60% off, I could deal with that. I put the template on the paper, positioning it where I thought it would look best.  Then I drew around the outline of the template with a pencil.  Why pencil? Because you can erase the marks later. This box template, as I look at it will have a sort of triangular shape.  It will be long and have a very narrow bottom.  So I traced around the whole thing, leaving out the parts in the middle.  We will get back to those in a minute. I grabbed a pair of scissors and cut around the basic shape of it to get it off the bigger part of the paper. Then carefully, I cut the smaller shape...