Skip to main content

What do I do when I'm not being productive

Last weekend we took a mini-vacation and headed up to Perrot State Park in Wisconsin. Nice views of the convergence of the Trempeleau and Mississippi Rivers.


It was blasted hot, I mean like Africa Hot, but not Saudi Arabia Hot. We did some canoeing, some fishing, some swimming and some sight-seeing. Up the way a bit is Merrick State park, which is also along the Mississippi, but would be better for fishermen. Ah well.

I spun and knitted up a coffee cozy along the way. It's in the van right now, wrapped around my cuppacino glass. There's also another bag or so that was knitted. This morning I was spinning and thinking of what needs to be done today and this week when my mother called about her computer again.

So I went down and looked at it. It refuses to talk to the modem, and I hate fussing with it. This time, I just took the CPU with me back home. Back at home, and just in time to dodge the rainshower, I wanted something done to prove I could be productive. So I grabbed some red cotton and made the prototype for the mummy sleeping bag liner. This was a project that Cliffy and I discussed about a month ago. It got put on hold while I sorted out the issues with the redneck school system and got ruddpupp situated at home.


The next thing to do is to put a tie around the channel by the head and send it off for Cliffy to try. If it passes muster, it will be made up repeatedly, but in silk.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1000th Feedback!!!

KIP Bags by Ruddawg has gotten their 1000th feedback! In honor of this momentous occasion, I am giving away a One of a Kind KIP Bag filled with goodies. The stuff? A sampling based on the idea "A Few of my Favorite Things." What are a few of my favorite things? Well, KIP bags, of course. This one is red velvet, 10" high by 7 1/2" wide. A red velvet wrist strap allows for knitting and walking at the same time. It has a decorator fabric bottom and fancy stitching at the top to give it a more festive look. What is in the bag? The top fuzzy item is a pair of socks. Not just socks, but a pair of those fuzzy and oh so soft socks. I am a fiend for socks! I ask for a new set of socks every year for my birthday. Next is a skein of Alpaca yarn - Caramel in color. I love, love LOVE alpaca! This skein is from Blue Sky Alpacas, 120 yards of Sport Weight Yarn. The red item is my most useful tool for knitting, sewing and everything else. It's a small swiss army knife that

Secret of the Stole: Clue 3 Finished!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/secretofthestole/ Clue 3 is finished! I am knitting it in handspun 2-ply yarn on size 3 addi circular needles with beads. The beads used to be only green, now I've added lavender and gold ones also. To me, this looks like a spider and web-themed stole. Notice the 3 spiders on it? I call them spiders because they have 8 legs each.
I know the picture is not the best, but it does show the basic shape of the shawl. It's a faerose shawl, knitted for a friend of mine who will be married next month. The middle is a pattern I've memorized from somewhere, but the wings were from the Mystery Stole3 Pattern. Now the left side was the easiest: I picked up 100 stitches from the middle and just utilized the wing chart from the Mystery Stole3. The right side took some canoodling. I figured out that if I read the wing chart from the left to the right instead of the 'usual' way it would work. The last stitch was not a slip stitch, but a k2tog stitch. I then slipped that stitch and purled all the way back to the edge of the wing. It worked out well. The total knitting time was 2 weeks. I knitted like a fiend. Last Thursday I realized that I had to start school this Thursday. I knitted faster and faster. I finished it during the Packer game last night and blocked it on my son's bedroom floor.