Skip to main content

How to train your concentration in one 'easy' week

What you are looking at is the rash that comes with Poison Ivy. It's on pretty much the upper 1/2 of my body; flank, arms, chest, neck and ears.  Thankfully my face and hair have been spared as well as my legs.  It itches something fierce. I mean more than anything has ever itched in my life!

How does this train your concentration? Well, I had a Trigonometry final yesterday. I've spent the last week working on reviewing all I've learned over the last 6 weeks with a less than stellar results. It's hard to concentrate on formulas that have the same variables but in different areas when you really just want to scratch ...pretty much everything on the top 1/2 of your bod.

Calamine lotion works to a point, and there is no way I can have splotches of the stuff on while in public.  People are waaay to judgmental and hypersensitive to anything that smacks of being less than 100% perfect.  I've stayed home for the most part, trying to study and rest.

My final was as brutal as I expected and I tried my best.  When I got home I sat there for a good 10 minutes scratching everything I could.  Everyone tells you not to scratch but they have no flipping clue how good it feels and how intense the urge is to do so.

Molly's babies are showing more changes these last 2 weeks. There is a definite change in their beak color and they are getting their real feathers. Toulouse geese have orange beaks.  The gosling in front is showing the change to that color. It's more of a gray color than black.  As it gets older, I would expect it to become a speckled orange shade.

Now that my summer class is over, I'll be finishing up some prayer shawls for the church, as well as some odds and ends her on many knitting needles. That dogbone pillow, the deephaven cowl, a shawl made from sparkly stuff, and that sweater of Alex's.

Alex is..........well realizing that the Marines is a lot of physical work.  He's probably going to bail on it before he even gets to Basic.  Which ticks me off to no end as well as frustrates me.  He thinks he's going to get a job quickly that will give him the $$ needed to be on his own.  I told him that with only a HS Diploma that he's dreaming.  Every day I pray to God that this child would listen to his Mother, take the things I say to heart and just do what needs to be done to enter the Marines.

And every day God ........and Alex ...........ignore me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1000th Feedback!!!

KIP Bags by Ruddawg has gotten their 1000th feedback! In honor of this momentous occasion, I am giving away a One of a Kind KIP Bag filled with goodies. The stuff? A sampling based on the idea "A Few of my Favorite Things." What are a few of my favorite things? Well, KIP bags, of course. This one is red velvet, 10" high by 7 1/2" wide. A red velvet wrist strap allows for knitting and walking at the same time. It has a decorator fabric bottom and fancy stitching at the top to give it a more festive look. What is in the bag? The top fuzzy item is a pair of socks. Not just socks, but a pair of those fuzzy and oh so soft socks. I am a fiend for socks! I ask for a new set of socks every year for my birthday. Next is a skein of Alpaca yarn - Caramel in color. I love, love LOVE alpaca! This skein is from Blue Sky Alpacas, 120 yards of Sport Weight Yarn. The red item is my most useful tool for knitting, sewing and everything else. It's a small swiss army knife that

Secret of the Stole: Clue 3 Finished!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/secretofthestole/ Clue 3 is finished! I am knitting it in handspun 2-ply yarn on size 3 addi circular needles with beads. The beads used to be only green, now I've added lavender and gold ones also. To me, this looks like a spider and web-themed stole. Notice the 3 spiders on it? I call them spiders because they have 8 legs each.
I know the picture is not the best, but it does show the basic shape of the shawl. It's a faerose shawl, knitted for a friend of mine who will be married next month. The middle is a pattern I've memorized from somewhere, but the wings were from the Mystery Stole3 Pattern. Now the left side was the easiest: I picked up 100 stitches from the middle and just utilized the wing chart from the Mystery Stole3. The right side took some canoodling. I figured out that if I read the wing chart from the left to the right instead of the 'usual' way it would work. The last stitch was not a slip stitch, but a k2tog stitch. I then slipped that stitch and purled all the way back to the edge of the wing. It worked out well. The total knitting time was 2 weeks. I knitted like a fiend. Last Thursday I realized that I had to start school this Thursday. I knitted faster and faster. I finished it during the Packer game last night and blocked it on my son's bedroom floor.