Skip to main content

Random Stuff about me

Random stuff. Why? because I can:

1. I've got asthma. Had it for over 30 years. It's biggest triggers are cold air and exercise. Pushing a car out of a snow bank has almost killed me once.
2. I've never watched a reality show. Survivor? American Idol? Big Brother? Bachelor? any of those I've never seen. And yet....I still live. How weird is that?
3. I've never seen an episode of Sex in the City nor Desperate Housewives either. Still living too!
4. I wear socks like 99% of the time. My feet are almost always cold.
5. I use handkerchiefs regularly. I'm probably the last woman who does so.
6. I read abnormally fast. I've read 700+ page books in one week. I'm glad for ebooks now, because I would not buy books with less than 300 pages. It just wasn't cost effective for me.
7. I think that apple cinnamon toaster strudel is crack in a box. I can eat the whole box in one sitting.
8. I speak English, French, Spanish and am learning Italian. My next goals are Norwegian and German. I know enough of them to knit patterns written in those languages.
9. Show me a painting of a woman from the last 300 years or so, and I could tell you what the date was within 10 years. I have studied the history of costume that much.
10. I make my own hazlenut mocha latte every morning. I've got my own espresso machine. Cost per latte is like...$1.25


10 for now is fine. I'm currently working on some screen printing of silk and patiently waiting for a semi-warm day to rake the leaves out of my flower beds.
Picture:

Some nice cloud formations from my front lawn.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1000th Feedback!!!

KIP Bags by Ruddawg has gotten their 1000th feedback! In honor of this momentous occasion, I am giving away a One of a Kind KIP Bag filled with goodies. The stuff? A sampling based on the idea "A Few of my Favorite Things." What are a few of my favorite things? Well, KIP bags, of course. This one is red velvet, 10" high by 7 1/2" wide. A red velvet wrist strap allows for knitting and walking at the same time. It has a decorator fabric bottom and fancy stitching at the top to give it a more festive look. What is in the bag? The top fuzzy item is a pair of socks. Not just socks, but a pair of those fuzzy and oh so soft socks. I am a fiend for socks! I ask for a new set of socks every year for my birthday. Next is a skein of Alpaca yarn - Caramel in color. I love, love LOVE alpaca! This skein is from Blue Sky Alpacas, 120 yards of Sport Weight Yarn. The red item is my most useful tool for knitting, sewing and everything else. It's a small swiss army knife that

Secret of the Stole: Clue 3 Finished!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/secretofthestole/ Clue 3 is finished! I am knitting it in handspun 2-ply yarn on size 3 addi circular needles with beads. The beads used to be only green, now I've added lavender and gold ones also. To me, this looks like a spider and web-themed stole. Notice the 3 spiders on it? I call them spiders because they have 8 legs each.

Forgiveness and why a lot of people get it wrong

            I was at a party earlier this week having a discussion with a friend when his spouse spoke up.  She feels that I should let go of the regret and pain caused by a family member and ‘forgive’ him.  I’m sure she meant well, but whether or not I’ve forgiven that man for the pain he’s caused me and my immediate family is none of her business, nor is it any of HIS business as well.  My forgiveness, or lack thereof, is only between God and I. And I think this is where most people – even Christians- get it wrong.   They believe that #1: you should personally tell that person that you forgive them.   No, you don’t.   Forgiveness is between you and God.   And whether or not you forgive someone should not be made public.   Imagine if you did bad all your life but others would constantly say, “I forgive you”   The majority of people would just go on doing the damage they’ve been doing all along.   Only a fraction of people can grasp how their actions or words have h