I couldn't write about it, until after I gave it away....
About a month ago, I started knitting a shawl based on what I thought was a lace pattern from a magazine. It's a common thing for me; see a pattern, picture the lace chart, then start knitting. This time, I was wrong...so horribly wrong. But it turned out cool!
I present the mistake that I call Firefly.
The yarn is a 50/50 mix of wool and silk in a great crimson color. I beaded the end with black beads. It turned out a lot better than I thought.
Currently, there are three test-knitters testing the pattern for me, then I'm going to offer it for sale. It will be my first effort at writing my own pattern, which means...I'll be a bona fide designer!