Skip to main content
My neice Kate was here last week to get new Garb made for SCA. The bodice took the longest time and 4 different fittings before I was satisfied with it. The pleating of the skirt and attachment took an hour to do......stitching by hand! Kate's going to finish up the underskirt and the sleeves by herself.

Doesn't she look nice in it? It's crushed velvet with a silk chemise. If you're a SCA or Rennie, I'd recommend the silk chemise. It's worth the extra money and time. This is one I made some years ago out of silk from http://www.dharmatrading.com/ Buy the silk in 11 yard bolts and they are about 5 bucks a yard. That's cheap!

I've been working on getting rid of that huge stack of fabric. The goal is to move the sewing area to Tim's room once he moves back with his folks. Right now, he's still in Boot Camp. I've not heard from him but his Mom has. But back to the fabric. I had an idea and sewed some recycled drawstring bags out of fabric that was scavenged from old bags. If they didn't sell, I'd tear them apart and cannibalize what I could. So this is what I came up with:




Simple bags that are lined and washable. They've got plenty of uses and they're on etsy.



While waiting for my sock yarn to show up, I've been working with worsted weight superwash to make the Packer colors in yarn. The superwash dyes up so much better than the usual stuff.

There are 4 skeins made up from Cascade 220 superwash on my Etsy now: http://ruddawg.etsy.com

Ok, shameless plug done. As you can see, I've been in a more creative mood than usual. And what is more unlike me than anything.......is that I'm trying to get more organized.

???

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1000th Feedback!!!

KIP Bags by Ruddawg has gotten their 1000th feedback! In honor of this momentous occasion, I am giving away a One of a Kind KIP Bag filled with goodies. The stuff? A sampling based on the idea "A Few of my Favorite Things." What are a few of my favorite things? Well, KIP bags, of course. This one is red velvet, 10" high by 7 1/2" wide. A red velvet wrist strap allows for knitting and walking at the same time. It has a decorator fabric bottom and fancy stitching at the top to give it a more festive look. What is in the bag? The top fuzzy item is a pair of socks. Not just socks, but a pair of those fuzzy and oh so soft socks. I am a fiend for socks! I ask for a new set of socks every year for my birthday. Next is a skein of Alpaca yarn - Caramel in color. I love, love LOVE alpaca! This skein is from Blue Sky Alpacas, 120 yards of Sport Weight Yarn. The red item is my most useful tool for knitting, sewing and everything else. It's a small swiss army knife that

Secret of the Stole: Clue 3 Finished!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/secretofthestole/ Clue 3 is finished! I am knitting it in handspun 2-ply yarn on size 3 addi circular needles with beads. The beads used to be only green, now I've added lavender and gold ones also. To me, this looks like a spider and web-themed stole. Notice the 3 spiders on it? I call them spiders because they have 8 legs each.

Forgiveness and why a lot of people get it wrong

            I was at a party earlier this week having a discussion with a friend when his spouse spoke up.  She feels that I should let go of the regret and pain caused by a family member and ‘forgive’ him.  I’m sure she meant well, but whether or not I’ve forgiven that man for the pain he’s caused me and my immediate family is none of her business, nor is it any of HIS business as well.  My forgiveness, or lack thereof, is only between God and I. And I think this is where most people – even Christians- get it wrong.   They believe that #1: you should personally tell that person that you forgive them.   No, you don’t.   Forgiveness is between you and God.   And whether or not you forgive someone should not be made public.   Imagine if you did bad all your life but others would constantly say, “I forgive you”   The majority of people would just go on doing the damage they’ve been doing all along.   Only a fraction of people can grasp how their actions or words have h