Skip to main content

Amazon Giveaways

-- BTW: Dave decided we needed to watch Bird Box.  I thought it was stupid and FULL of plot holes.  But on to something more fun:

Amazon Giveaways

I bet you didn't know they even HAD them, right???

Amazon has giveaways. Sellers on Amazon voluntarily put up a number of their product, select the method of choosing the winner and voila! you can win stuff.
Here's how:

Go to Amazon.com and in the top field, type in Giveaways like so:





Then hit enter.  You must first be signed in to Amazon for this to work the best. I have Amazon Prime and it's always on because we stream stuff from the Prime video.

When you hit enter, you will be sent to the first of what usually is 100 pages + of giveaways. It looks like this:



So you see the first 4 offers right here: An eye massager, a hand massager, orthotic soles for your shoes and a knife set.  If you could scroll down on that screen, you'd see there is 20 offers per page.

Now what I do, is select the offer I want to enter the 'raffle' for to bring up the popup that allows me to open that offer into a new tab.  Here you'll see it being done on a makeup bag: 



That offer comes up in a new tab, and I go on selecting others, right-clicking them onto a new tab until I have a few up there. Then I click on the new tab to start the raffle:

in your page, whatever you select..........that box will be bouncing annoyingly.  But click on the area of the box to see if you win it.



And there it is, I'm not a winner.  For the majority of the offers, you will NOT win.  Get over it.  I've been playing these giveaways for over a year now, and I win about once a month and that's GOOD.  Hubby has not won in about 6 months.  So if there's 2,500 offers and you won't win one of them a day, that's a lot of losing.

If you're in it to win, you'll be mad within a week.  But as you see on that last no-win page, you can get some awesome discounts on stuff that is worth it.  Also, you'll see some things on the giveaways that you've never seen before.  It's cool and I think it's a better time-waster than playing Candy Crush.

And I've tried Candy Crush; To bling-y for me.  Too many bright pretty lights and colors.  Too ADD for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer!

Yes, Sissy's death has been a big blow to all of us. We miss her terribly. We suspect she became egg-bound, a condition that is most often fatal in poultry. She had not laid eggs this year and I knew she'd been shagged. There are a few things you can do, but you have to know that she's egg bound to start treatment. My laptop had been shutting down randomly, so I had Dave take it apart and blow out the fan. It's been sporadic since. I've been using Alex's laptop (he has a desktop also) but it's frustrating. His touchpad is extra touchy and if you rest your hand on it, well...the laptop does crazy things. We sold 2 of Molly's babies to a lady who lives near the Dells. She had bought 2 geese from someone and one died. Geese need a flock to survive, so I offered her two of Molly's babies. She said they are doing well and bonding with her gosling. It's good to have a flock of happy geese. There's a good video of what it's like to have ...

1000th Feedback!!!

KIP Bags by Ruddawg has gotten their 1000th feedback! In honor of this momentous occasion, I am giving away a One of a Kind KIP Bag filled with goodies. The stuff? A sampling based on the idea "A Few of my Favorite Things." What are a few of my favorite things? Well, KIP bags, of course. This one is red velvet, 10" high by 7 1/2" wide. A red velvet wrist strap allows for knitting and walking at the same time. It has a decorator fabric bottom and fancy stitching at the top to give it a more festive look. What is in the bag? The top fuzzy item is a pair of socks. Not just socks, but a pair of those fuzzy and oh so soft socks. I am a fiend for socks! I ask for a new set of socks every year for my birthday. Next is a skein of Alpaca yarn - Caramel in color. I love, love LOVE alpaca! This skein is from Blue Sky Alpacas, 120 yards of Sport Weight Yarn. The red item is my most useful tool for knitting, sewing and everything else. It's a small swiss army knife that ...

How To: DIY Envelopes

My Sister sent over some templates for envelopes with a note that said she didn't know how to use them. So here is my photo montage of how to use an envelope template: First of all, let's pick out some pretty paper.  Mine came from a stack of paper purchased at Michaels' in the clearance aisle.  Two pages out of the stack were damaged, but at 60% off, I could deal with that. I put the template on the paper, positioning it where I thought it would look best.  Then I drew around the outline of the template with a pencil.  Why pencil? Because you can erase the marks later. This box template, as I look at it will have a sort of triangular shape.  It will be long and have a very narrow bottom.  So I traced around the whole thing, leaving out the parts in the middle.  We will get back to those in a minute. I grabbed a pair of scissors and cut around the basic shape of it to get it off the bigger part of the paper. Then carefully, I cut the smaller shape...