Skip to main content

More Projects found

I've been searching high and low for my unfinished projects. Some are a complete surprise to me. Some aren't. For the Finish Part this time:

As I come across stuff, I wonder...do I know this thing? Do I have more yarn for it? What in the hell was I thinking? Well this next one is known, and I have more yarn for it, I just don't like the colorway. BUT...it was on sale so.... [Image retracted, just an entrelac thing..trust me]

It's an Eleanor Shawl, in Lion Brand Amazing color way Joshua Tree. I think it looks hideous so I tried to frog it. Nope, no go. The yarn is very clingy. So I guess I'll slog on through to the end with this one. I've got another 4 skeins of it left to go. They make nice gifts as nursing shawls for new moms.

Owlie sleep sack was not in the For F 15, but was made on impulse for my Godson's new baby, William. I wanted to give this pattern a shot for a while. I made modifications to it, like the bottom is buttoned so you can change diapers more quickly, The top is a ribbed pattern so it doesn't roll.

The yarn is a clearance Lion Brand thing. Soft wool or something like that. It's made to be washed and I wanted to make sure that was an option. New parents don't need to be thinking, "can I wash this?" with 2 hours of sleep per day.

There's a hat that goes with this, but it's just a hat. I swear these days I can knock out hats in my sleep. I'm pretty sure that I do, actually.
This is a Mara shawl in the Mallabrigo Rastita yarn. The colorway is Marte. I wanted to highlight the awesome colors in this yarn  and this seemed to be the best way to do so. Today I moved it from the small circular needles to the longer ones. I've got one set of size 10 and 7 knitpicks Options needles plus one 40" and one 24" circ. for it. I switched them around today as the smaller needle was getting crowded. That's about 2/3 through the first skein, and I have another skein to finish it up with.

I frogged a few items, have a few more to go. I'm still contemplating that Queen Annes' Lace one, but I need to check on the pattern first. It's on my ipad and I should be able to see if I knitted those plain rounds on it or not from looking at my notes. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer!

Yes, Sissy's death has been a big blow to all of us. We miss her terribly. We suspect she became egg-bound, a condition that is most often fatal in poultry. She had not laid eggs this year and I knew she'd been shagged. There are a few things you can do, but you have to know that she's egg bound to start treatment. My laptop had been shutting down randomly, so I had Dave take it apart and blow out the fan. It's been sporadic since. I've been using Alex's laptop (he has a desktop also) but it's frustrating. His touchpad is extra touchy and if you rest your hand on it, well...the laptop does crazy things. We sold 2 of Molly's babies to a lady who lives near the Dells. She had bought 2 geese from someone and one died. Geese need a flock to survive, so I offered her two of Molly's babies. She said they are doing well and bonding with her gosling. It's good to have a flock of happy geese. There's a good video of what it's like to have ...

1000th Feedback!!!

KIP Bags by Ruddawg has gotten their 1000th feedback! In honor of this momentous occasion, I am giving away a One of a Kind KIP Bag filled with goodies. The stuff? A sampling based on the idea "A Few of my Favorite Things." What are a few of my favorite things? Well, KIP bags, of course. This one is red velvet, 10" high by 7 1/2" wide. A red velvet wrist strap allows for knitting and walking at the same time. It has a decorator fabric bottom and fancy stitching at the top to give it a more festive look. What is in the bag? The top fuzzy item is a pair of socks. Not just socks, but a pair of those fuzzy and oh so soft socks. I am a fiend for socks! I ask for a new set of socks every year for my birthday. Next is a skein of Alpaca yarn - Caramel in color. I love, love LOVE alpaca! This skein is from Blue Sky Alpacas, 120 yards of Sport Weight Yarn. The red item is my most useful tool for knitting, sewing and everything else. It's a small swiss army knife that ...

How To: DIY Envelopes

My Sister sent over some templates for envelopes with a note that said she didn't know how to use them. So here is my photo montage of how to use an envelope template: First of all, let's pick out some pretty paper.  Mine came from a stack of paper purchased at Michaels' in the clearance aisle.  Two pages out of the stack were damaged, but at 60% off, I could deal with that. I put the template on the paper, positioning it where I thought it would look best.  Then I drew around the outline of the template with a pencil.  Why pencil? Because you can erase the marks later. This box template, as I look at it will have a sort of triangular shape.  It will be long and have a very narrow bottom.  So I traced around the whole thing, leaving out the parts in the middle.  We will get back to those in a minute. I grabbed a pair of scissors and cut around the basic shape of it to get it off the bigger part of the paper. Then carefully, I cut the smaller shape...